Our very own Jon Davey, President of the Bucky Dome NFP, will be attending the much anticipated Inside Out, Outside In Symposium: Building Bridges between the Arts, Humanities, Science and Technology. The conference will be held in Krakow, Poland September 16th-18th, 2019.
• BUCKMINSTER FULLER’S LEGACY IN THE FIELD OF HUMANITIES
1. "I am a passenger on the spaceship Earth.” “Spaceship Earth’s in danger! Find out what needs to be done!” The stable future of the planet: sustainable development, deep ecology, integral ecologies.
2. "Humanity is acquiring all the right technology for all the wrong reasons.” Buckminster Fuller and humanistic reflection on technology: philosophy of technology, STS, ANT, Media Ecology, transhumanism.
3. "Make the world work for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or disadvantage of anyone.” Economy at the service of life: biomimicry, natural capitalism, holistic management, regenerative management.
4. "Specialization is in fact only a fancy form of slavery wherein the ‘expert’ is fooled into accepting a slavery by making him feel that he in turn is a socially and culturally preferred—ergo, highly secure—lifelong position.” Versatility as a challenge for education.
5. "Integrity is the essence of everything successful.” Holistic approaches in contemporary culture as a response to the ecological crisis.
6. "Every Child is a born genius. And then we send them to school.” "Children are naturally designed to be comprehensive information gatherers and local problem solvers."
• ARCHITECTURAL DIRECTIONS OF BUCKMINSTER FULLER
1. Searching for sustainable industrial solutions and a new and independent integrity in house building techniques
2. Searching for shapes of shelter covers with the smallest area and weight
3. Searching for support cable systems, whether on the scale of factories, manufacturing equipment or room furnishings
4. Searching for autonomous construction solutions (buildings with their own production of electricity, utilization of sewage and waste, etc.)
5. Searching for new building locations - including on the surface of the seas and in the atmosphere
6. Searching for new building materials and solutions acting analogously to skin tissues
• R. BUCKMINSTER FULLER: THE HISTORY (AND MYSTERY) OF THE UNIVERSE
A play that takes you on an amazing journey trough time and space. R. Buckminster Fuller – an American engineer, architect, philosopher and visionary – will guide us through his life and ideas: from his childhood fascination with triangles, to his meeting with Einstein, to his unusual, novel architectural solutions. Buckminster Fuller, known as Bucky, had as many angles as his famous geodesic domes and he still fascinates scientists and artists alike. The play depicts the most interesting parts of his life and work, combining elements of humor, lecture and philosophical treatise.